Celebrity Inspired Closet

I like many other women that swooned over Carrie Bradshaw’s closet in Sex And The City and couldn’t help but think, how can I accomplish that, or at least something like it on a normal person’s budget? I scoured the internet looking for inspiration, allowed closet designers to come and give me unrealistic quotes and finally realized I have to do this myself. I considered the space I had to work with, about 168 sq ft, rolled up my sleeves and got busy. I knew I wanted dark hardwood floors & white shelving, so I took cue from Nicky Hilton’s closet. I hired a contractor to install the flooring, took an entire weekend between glasses of wine of course and Voila!

Dress- Miguelina (never gets old) , Shoes- Christian Louboutin, Ring-Vintage Givenchy, Bangles-Forever 21 and RJ Graziano, Necklaces-Kenneth J Lane, Anne Klein & Banana Republic

1. January 20, 2012 / 9:42 pm

Fabulosity. You look soo regal and stylish. I love this closet. It's awesome. you'v inspired me to declutter and have a better sense of style when it comes to my clothes, even though I like to keep it sporty chic; however, my closet space and the way I align my shoes. I'm NOT there…not even close. Yes, I am inspired and now have a site to go to that will actually give me examples and photos. A site that I can relate to. Gracias Mrs. Beaute'J'adore. Fee King-Ya Hollywood Fitness Go-TO-Gurl

2. January 21, 2012 / 11:07 am

I'm so jealous of your wardrobe it looks gorgeous!!

x
    aloveforvogue.blogspot.com
    Feel free to comment/follow

3. January 28, 2012 / 3:14 am

you are so lucky! your closet is gorgeous! the house we're moving to… the closets are not as big as i'd like it…. i wish i can convert one of the rooms into a closet… but maybe after the kids go to college… many years from now… lol! i love nicky's closet also. 🙂

enjoy your wknd!
    xoxo
    jasmine

4. May 2, 2012 / 9:03 pm

Oh my! This is awesome. Just found your blog via Mimi G on Pinterest- I'm hooked!

May 21, 2012 / 3:22 pm

I love your closet. Did you get your closet pieces from ikea by any chance?

• May 21, 2012 / 3:47 pm

Thank you, yes I did get them from Ikea.

6. July 31, 2012 / 10:15 pm

Nikki I am so impressed with both you and your sister I am an childhood friend of your mom her sister Brenda and your Grandmother we known each other since we were children am Keith Jones from Omaha oldest sister Marilyn your mother Pumpkin we called her was one of the best COOKS this world has ever known!!!!! Am excited about the greatness you both have inside of you!! Absolutely Beautiful you are smart and to it off cute as a button!!! Bless you!!

7. July 31, 2012 / 10:17 pm