The best thing about the super bowl are the commercials, cocktails and finger foods but if your like me and find yourself snacking from mid day until the last commercial, you have to find an alternative that still satisfies the need to munch and I did just that with a healthier choice that’s quite yummy.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can’s of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes chili style
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 table spoon teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 2 table spoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 pound diced, chicken breast
- 1 pkg white northern beans soaked in cold water overnight
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil, and cook chicken
- Add onion, garlic, parsley and oregano until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, chilies and coriander. Bring to a boil.
- Add beans and 1 tbls of cumin, salt and pepper.
- Let cook at a low boil for 1.5 hours.
- Add corn and 1 tbls of cumin and cook for an additional 20 minutes.