DIY Pink Mini

There is nothing more lady like than a hot pink mini, and with spring right around the corner this will transition perfectly.  In Italian wool crepe, this fabric is gorgeous and light with fantastic movement.  But of course I couldn’t resist a touch of leather which gives this lady a little edge.

Using Vogue pattern V8841 for the skirt, I added about 3-4 inches to the waist to create a very high waist, and added pleats in the front and back for movement.  For the top, I used Vogue pattern V8815 for the  shell, removed 1″ to create a crop, added a gathered sleeve, a 1 1/2″ band around the bottom hem and leather on the collar and arm bands.

Skirt & Top- DIY
Boots: Schutz
Clutch- Balenciaga

1. February 25, 2013 / 5:43 am

Great outfit! I love the contrast of the black tights with the outfit.

2. Tiffany from Chicago
    February 25, 2013 / 12:34 pm

So cute! I love the touches of leather

3. Carly
    February 25, 2013 / 12:35 pm

Wow this looks like something from Tibi totally fab. I love the color too.

February 25, 2013 / 12:36 pm

Very cute, I agree with Erica the black tights really set this off.

February 25, 2013 / 12:38 pm

Found you through Refinery29 and I can't believe I'm just catching on lol I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. You have a new follower.

6. February 25, 2013 / 1:25 pm

This is very cute! I cant believe that you sew all of these amazing pieces. Kudos to you!

February 26, 2013 / 3:12 am

Wow I love this, this is soooo cute! I love your style

8. February 27, 2013 / 2:57 pm

Congratulations on your feature on R29. Meanwhile, you're talented. The end. Nah…not the end. lolol. Lovelovelove the top.

9. March 1, 2013 / 11:28 pm

I don't know what to say. You are too fabulous for words. I mean how do you do this so effortlessly??? One of my friends showed me your blog and confessed she comes here with her co-workers daily. I saw your feature on fashion bomb but I wish you mentioned that you make almost everything you wear. I'm not sure if anyone ever told you but you are amazing. You should make money on this if you don't already. I will buy as much as I can from your line. I wish you could be my personal tailor. Ok I'll stop blabbing you are the best.