|Top-Zara dress altered to become a top last seen here
Stretch jersey/knit fabric approx
Rotary cutter or scissors
1. Measure your waist just below your belly button, divide that number in half-make note of that number (for curvier figures, add 1″ to that number).
2. Measure from your belly button down to where you want your skirt to end and add 1/2 inch-make note of that number.
3. Fold your fabric in have length wise and using your yard stick mark the above measurements on your fabric. ex: waist 28 /2 14 +1 15″ by length 30 1/2″ and cut your fabric to those measurements.
3. Fold the fabric so the correct side of the fabric is touching each other and sew this side seam closed.
4. Once the seam is closed, lay your fabric flat with the seam on your left and starting at the top left, cut fabric at a diagonal removing only 1″ from the right side.
5. For the waist band, measure the smallest part of your waist and divide the number- make note of that number.
6. Cut a piece of fabric, 7″ x your waist measurement.
7. Fold the fabric so the correct side of the fabric is touching each other and sew this waist side seam closed.
8. Lay the waist band flat at the top of the skirt edge and cut the bottom of the waist band at the angle that corresponds with the edge of the skirt.
9. Sew the waist band to the skirt
10. Fold the waist band over 3″ and hem.
11. Fold your skirt hem under 1/2″ and hem