DIY Oversized Grey Coat

DIY Oversized Grey Coat
Every woman needs an oversized wool grey coat in their life so when I spotted this grey wool from Mood, there was no question what it was going to be.  This coat was made with McCalls’s M6657 view B with the following alterations:

-Removed 6″ from the length of the pattern
-Added a seam to the arm

The lining used is a heavier charmeuse which was a bit too heavy for this fabric which needless to say, another grey coat is in my future.

note: The fabric was purchased at moodfabrics.com but it appears to be sold out.  The item code is

FW12287 and the description is Grayhound solid coating

Coat-DIY
Jeans-Joes Jeans
Sweater-H&M mens
Heels-Manolo Blahnik
Clutch- Jimmy Choo

1. January 23, 2014 / 3:03 pm

Great coat and love your styling!

2. January 23, 2014 / 7:36 pm

Great coat! I hope I can get a grey coat made before it starts to warm up here.

3. January 23, 2014 / 9:14 pm

Fantastic coat, so simple but really chic! I love how you interpret patterns that I am afraid to say I wouldnt't often give a second glance. You inspire me to try to think outside the box more!

4. January 23, 2014 / 10:47 pm

Fabulous Nikki, another fashion winner!!!. I'm definitely going to make one of these!!!!

5. January 24, 2014 / 12:08 pm

Lovely simple coat. So elegant. Another showstopper, Nikki. You have really been producting some great looks!

6. January 24, 2014 / 4:27 pm

Can I first just say, "What an inspiration you?" I had just about given up on making a coat because anything with too many steps just isn't for me. Now, I have to have this coat.Your coat is amazing. I think I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

7. January 27, 2014 / 6:47 pm

The coat is so beautiful! And I absolutely love the styling! I've finished my leopard coat using the same pattern you used for your tartan coat and I really love it, I just need to take some pictures now.

8. February 15, 2014 / 5:30 pm

How do I follow this blog, this is great, I want to get emails when u post anything