DIY Perfect Jersey Dress

Coming down the home stretch of pregnancy I am in love with uber comfy fabrics ie: anything with stretch! and nothing helps camouflage this huge belly better than an awesome print.  This gorgeous Italian jersey from moodfabrics.com has the perfect amount of stretch and is absolutely beautiful.  Unlike most jersey fabrics, it’s very easy to sew and iron.

This dress was made with this downloadable Burdastyle pattern previously seen here which is the perfect pregnancy dress.  This dress was cut the exact same size as my pre-pregnancy weight which will make this the perfect post pregnancy option.  The following alterations were made:

-Removed 13.5″ from the length of the sleeves
-Added 6″ to the length of the dress
-Removed the zipper option from under the sleeve
-Removed the button option from the back of the neck
-Added a 9″ invisible zipper to the back of the neck

Dress: DIY
Clutch: Bottega Venetta
Heels: Giuseppe Zanotti
Cuff: Lanvin
Bangle: AV Max

1. August 30, 2014 / 6:15 am

I may sound crazy but I find pregnancy so weird. I've watched your body change all these months and it's just crazy cool and still definitely weird to me. Wow. You're certainly winning in the fashion department. You're the real MVP!

xx

Thy Bliss Calls

2. August 30, 2014 / 12:05 pm

Maybe it's just me…but I like my knits with cotton these days. They seem to be so much more comfortable to wear (well, maybe because I live in the humid Chicago area). I can't wrap my head around anything polyester even if it's gosh darn cute. But your dress is adorable…and would be even if you weren't pregnant!

3. August 30, 2014 / 7:10 pm

Love Love Love the fabric. Great print. Fits you beautifullly.

4. August 31, 2014 / 8:08 am

Just found your blog and you are the most stylish pregnant woman I have ever seen, this dress looks fantastic!

5. September 2, 2014 / 12:25 am

Great print, still rocking the heels. Don't know how you do it!

Right, need to get off the Internet now and get back to my sewing, drafting a pattern that is taking me forever, whist getting distracted by great blogs like yours!!! Wish I could be disiplined like you and just get on with it!

Look forward to more of your accessory and DIY blogs when you're able. They are very inventive! Does anyone else agree?

6. September 2, 2014 / 12:49 pm

You look fantastic. It all downhill from here. I have 3 more months to go with my pregnancy.

7. September 5, 2014 / 12:46 am

Love the print! Impeccably sewn as usual!

8. September 10, 2014 / 1:45 pm

As always very fashion forward, I enjoy all of your creations, especially the maternity ones you have inspired women to still look their best while pregnant.