Ask away!

Being a blogger opens up a portion of your life to the public.  The more popular you become the more questions people have.  Some things I’m open to discuss and some I will completely ignore.

I’m that person that loves to share information, have it be fashion, skincare, shopping tips, home decor etc I’m not of the mindset of not wanting to give away the goods.  If there is a way to empower someone, I’m all over that.  But on the flip side I have to keep aspects of my life to myself.

While taking a look at my blog analytics, I was in tears laughing so hard at some of the search keywords people have used, here are a few doozies :  Beaute Jadore  husbands job, Beaute Jadore plastic surgey and Beaute Jadore fake pregnancy which took the cake lol.

I also receive many emails ranging from sewing questions to skincare concerns.  I try very hard to answer questions but many do fall through the cracks.   In an effort to create a FAQ section I’m opening this post up to questions.  Feel free to ask the question in the comment section or email me at nikki@beautejadore.

1. December 15, 2014 / 5:54 pm

I'm impressed with your ability not to stash fabric. How do you do it? I don't care about fake pregnancies, husband's jobs, plastic surgery, etc. LOL

December 15, 2014 / 6:14 pm

How do you manage sewing, looking fab and everything else you do with being a wife and new mom?

3. Cassie
    December 15, 2014 / 6:16 pm

What was your pre and post pregnancy weight?

4. December 15, 2014 / 6:41 pm

I want a home gym like yours. Is yours in the basement? What equipment pieces do you have? What model is your treadmill? Thank you!!

5. December 15, 2014 / 6:48 pm

Everything you make is beautiful and looks great on you! I do want to know how you got started sewing and the inspiration behind some of your makes? Would you ever consider showing the visual steps in how you modify your patterns on your blog?

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2014 / 1:55 am

I second that! I would really like a step by step of one of your pattern modifications and how you "knew" to make that particular modification in order to achieve that look. Thanks!

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2014 / 4:36 pm

I concur! I'm new to sewing and would LOVE that!

• Anonymous
      December 30, 2014 / 6:23 am

Ditto!

• Anonymous
      January 1, 2015 / 2:43 pm

I second third that! Please consider youtube videos in 2015. I like you. Stay blessed.

• January 3, 2015 / 10:01 pm

I third the motion!! I am obsessed with your diy garments and have been sewing and attempting to modify patterns for almost one year.

December 15, 2014 / 7:06 pm

What made you want to start sewing and how long have you been sewing……….

December 15, 2014 / 7:29 pm

What inspired your passion for fashion. How did you become so flawless in the execution of your garments? Can you please go on project runway and blow the competition away. You are amazing.

• Sula
      December 16, 2014 / 3:38 pm

Yes to Project Runway Request!!!

December 15, 2014 / 7:50 pm

I follow you on instagram, and look foward to your ig posts. How do you have the energy with a newborn?

9. December 15, 2014 / 7:51 pm

im new to sewing, do you prewash all your fabrics before beginning a project??

December 15, 2014 / 8:10 pm

Where do you get your designs for sewing? Was/Is there a class you took/take, or a website that you use to make a coat/skirt/dress?

11. December 15, 2014 / 8:37 pm

Hi! I'd like to know where you find your inspiration for your garments and do you have a large stash of fabric and patterns? Also, do you have a designated sewing studio and will you ever share your sewing space with your readers?

12. December 15, 2014 / 8:38 pm

Where do you find inspiration for your projects? and the process you take to bring it into reality?

13. December 15, 2014 / 8:45 pm

could you give us the deets on your home gym? i'd love to know your thoughts on setup, equipment/brand recommendations and any maintenance or special considerations. and also do u take (or have tried) any supplements for pre or post workout? thanks in advance!

14. December 15, 2014 / 9:06 pm

You know my question lol When do I get to see more of the cute pumpkin?

15. December 15, 2014 / 9:24 pm

What are your key sewing tools, the things you must have? I've been following your blog for a while now and have bought items to start sewing with patterns, but cant work up the nerve to sew because i keep feeling like im missing something.

16. December 15, 2014 / 9:24 pm

I'm just hugely impressed with your pattern alterations and use of fabulous fabrics ALL THE TIME! No major questions really….. Keep on being fabulous!

17. December 15, 2014 / 9:36 pm

Your sewing is amazing, but so is your hair. How do you get your hair so shiny? It always looks like it's in really good condition.

December 15, 2014 / 9:54 pm

I totally admire you! Keeping fit, creating your clothing. Couple questions…..how did you start sewing? what inspires the clothing you make for you and baby? Any tips for new mothers trying to balance fitness and baby care? Do you plan on creating a line in the future? Thank you!

19. KenPar
    December 15, 2014 / 10:00 pm

What craftsy classes do you think helped you the most with your advanced sewing

December 15, 2014 / 10:52 pm

Hi! Thank you so much for opening up for questions! 🙂 Your instagram and different pins from your blog inspired me to get into sewing. You make such beautiful, well-tailored clothes!

What is a good sewing machine for an absolute beginner? What should I look for when purchasing? Do you have any advice for beginners? I am in the DMV area as well and it seems most people shop at G Street for fabric. Are there any other local places you like to purchase fabric?

Thanks in advance!

21. December 15, 2014 / 11:31 pm

What kind of serger do you use?
    How do you get such a perfect fit?
    Can you create a category search option for some of your tutorials?
    Can you do a post about fabrics, interfacing and linings?

December 16, 2014 / 4:30 am

Thanks for having a blog and instagram to share your creations.

23. December 16, 2014 / 11:53 am

Hi, I am on of your readers from overseas, following your blog since several moths now.

I would like to know, what you are doing to stay so fit and athletic, and espacially, how you managed this during your pregnancy. Maybe you could share some tips with us in a short blog post.

Thanks a lot, and kind regards 🙂

24. December 16, 2014 / 3:41 pm

Wow love this Nikky . You re really talented.

25. December 16, 2014 / 4:12 pm

What tips do you have for complete beginners and what types of practice techniques helped you the most?

26. December 16, 2014 / 6:56 pm

Would you consider doing some vids of your pattern alteration? Also do you work outside of your home? I ask because you crank out your garments so fast! I'm totally in awe of your work!

December 17, 2014 / 4:40 pm

What's your educational and career background? In the "about me" section its hinted at but not explicit.
    Thanks!

28. December 18, 2014 / 5:28 am

I see you have no problem purging your closet :)…What piece(s), that you've made, have you kept the longest? Which piece(s) will you never give up? Do you do muslins? What technique, fabric, type of clothing have you found the most challenging? What took the longest to master? What's your opinion of buttonholes? 🙂

December 18, 2014 / 6:12 am

What red lipstick do you use?

30. December 18, 2014 / 6:45 am

I just discovered your blog through Pinterest. I'll become a regular shortly. You do find work and you have great ideas to make the look your own. Did you take professional swing/design classes?

31. December 19, 2014 / 4:40 pm

Thanks for sharing your skills and parts of your life with us. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to read your response to the questions.

32. tammy
    December 21, 2014 / 6:09 pm

Nikki, when are you starting a youtube channel, where you consistently post vids. Stylish and grown vloggers, especially of color are far and few in between, so when can we expect you on the yt?

As are you ever gonna do a collab with Mimi G., you guys would be great on one of those?

Can you do a post on how you keep your legs and lower body in shape?

Also, can we get an update skincare regimen?

33. December 22, 2014 / 5:56 pm

Can you post information on sewing for "newbies"? How easy is it to teach yourself to sew? What is the best machine to use? Thank you in advance for taking the time out to answer questions.

34. December 25, 2014 / 6:06 pm

First of all, thank you for taking the time to post your work and congratulations on the newest addition to the family. How did you get started sewing? What would you advise a new sewer to do? Where should I start? What is a good beginners sewing machine? Patterns?

35. December 29, 2014 / 4:56 pm

What beauty products do you use on your skin (face/body)? Do you have a routine?